|Are you having problems with bed bugs?These nasty little insects can be very difficult to get rid of. However, do not despair. Find out how to kill bed bugs on this website.
Start by reading the different articles, and look at our recommended Bed Bug Products – products that can help you get rid of your bed bug problem!
We will teach you what you need to know about these little parasites – what bed bugs are, why they are in your bed in the first place, where bed bugs live, and what you can do to get rid of them.
Sleepless nights can be caused by a lot of things. But, if in the morning, your skin has red and flat spots which appear in a pattern (like 3 spots in a row) and are very itchy, your home might be infested with bedbugs.
Although the bites don’t cause any disease, making you itch during the night can be really troublesome.
Lately, many reports are being about bed bugs spreading rapidly in NY, New Jersey and Toronto.
If you have an infestation, find an exterminator to take care of this for you.
→ Did you get a Bed Bug Rash? Find out what the skin looks like after being bitten by bed bugs.
How They Bite You
How to Avoid Bed Bugs While Traveling
Some ways to prevent bed bugs from getting to you are:
- Never bring home a used mattress (it could come loaded with bed bugs)
- Hang your clothes in the closet farthest away from the bed
- Use the folding rack found in most hotels for storing your luggage
- Furthermore, put your luggage into the dry cleaning bag that most hotels provide
The sad truth is that bed bugs do not only live in beds. These bugs will hide wherever they can, in cracks and in furniture, etc.
They do like soft furniture, but you may also find them hiding in electrical sockets or in baseboards and in cracks on the floor.
Once you start treatment (hiring a professional is the recommended course of action) it often takes multiple treatments before any signicant progress is made.
Where To Find Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are very good at hiding. You often find them in and around:
- Mattresses and box springs.
- Upholstered furniture, under chair seats and in seams
- Wooden furniture, in and around drawers of dressers
- Behind books and frames
- In electrical appliances
- Along the edge of carpets
- In cracks and crevices
- Behind baseboards
- Around windows
- In thermostats
- Around window coverings
- Behind wallpaper
- Behind wall and ceiling moldings
If you see bug signs when you get into a hotel or hostel room, you should immediately go back to the desk and ask for a new room, and be sure to explain why.
You should also avoid putting your bags on the bed or other furniture. Thereby you minimize the risk of the bugs jumping on. It’s a good idea to use the hotel rooms suitcase stand instead.
If you’ve got bites, or you know you have spent time in a room harboring bed bugs, vacuum your suitcases, backpack, camera bag, etc. Vacuum all seams and pockets. Next, you should wash everything you own in the hottest water possible to boil the little biters.
Many people find that Diatomaceous Earth works very well for getting rid of bedbugs for good. It is a natural product that kills insects effectively – have a look.
Bed bugs inhabit almost any place, especially the mattress. Inspect your mattress, furniture, carpets, dressers, drawers, bed posts, wall, and floors. Look for holes that can be possible habitats. Look closely at your mattress, if you find red or brown spots, these can be caused by bedbugs. Adult bedbugs are reddish-brown and wingless. They have flattened oval bodies and measure around 4 to 5 mm. Once you have confirmed the presence of bedbugs, you have to kill them.
You can of course get an exterminator to kill bedbugs for you. However, you can also give it a shot yourself. Here are the suggested steps for how to kill bedbugs.
- Although vacuuming alone will not get rid of all bedbugs, it can minimize the extent of infestation. Scrub and vacuum every surface of the infested area. After scrubbing and vacuuming, seal holes and cracks.
- Steam cleaning is more effective than vacuuming. Extreme heat can kill bedbugs and eggs. The only disadvantage is that steam cleaning may not be good for all the infested areas.
- Diatomaceous soil is a natural remedy. It has jagged edges that can cut bedbugs and kill them. It will not harm you or any other mammal because the particles are too small. Just dust the soil onto infested areas. Leave it there for some time. Then vacuum away!
- Exposing infested materials under the sun is the most-widely used natural remedy. The heat of the sun can kill bedbugs. Leave the mattress, furniture, or linen under the sun for a few hours. Although it doesn’t give any assurance that all bedbugs will be killed, it is still worth a try.
Have You Been Bitten By a Bed Bug?
If you have been bitten, it is most common for the area to look like a raised red bump or flat welt. Most often, the area will also itch like crazy. The saliva from the bedbug causes an allergic reaction, as this saliva enters a person’s blood stream. In other words, it feels and looks like a typical mosquito bite.
Dealing With Itchy Bed Bug Bites
Here is a remedy for you to try, if you have itchy bed bug bites. Create a paste out of activated charcoal and water. You can buy activated charcoal at most health food stores. You can add some golden seal (also can be found at health food stores). Next, put it on a bandage and cover your bites. You may need quite a few bandages, but this is an inexpensive way to manage the itchiness is worth trying. The charcoal draws out toxins that cause the itchiness, and the golden seal is an herb that acts as a natural antibiotic.
A Very Good Bed Bug KILLER Kit
Having the right tools to kill bed bugs is essential to success, which is why Bed Bug Supply offers bed bug kits allowing you to kill your beds bugs while saving hundreds of dollars doing it yourself. This kit is a best seller.Bed Bug Killer Kit for 1-2 rooms
Bed Bug Spray
- Bed Bug Spray – Bed Bug Bully 32oz Eliminate bed bugs, eggs and larvis concentrated formula
- 100% Natural, No Harsh Chemicals Bed Bug Spray and Repellent
- Get Professional Results With 10x More Concentrate
- Save Time, No Rinsing Required Special Wet Formula
- Contains Patent Pending Green Bean Fragrances That Improves Wellness and Energy
- Get More Bang For Your Buck!
Have bed bugs? Find out here if your local pest control offers services in or around your area.
Do you have any bed bugs stories to share?
Add a comment below, or contact us via our contact page.
I think Aloe Vera plant gel gives a bit of relief to the itching, after you have been bitten. You can find Aloe Vera gel at almost any pharmacy or grocery store.
Any thing that product heat can kill bed bug, even a hair dryer, But the problem is the carpet since it will act as a medium for bed bug to travel. What are your suggestion to get rid of bed bug on carpet?
Although some people coping with industrial nations take water and sanitation without any consideration, a projected 884 million people lack entry to safe waters including a total of greater than 2.6 billion individuals don’t have basic sanitation. Annually, above two million people die caused by a deficiency of h2o and diseases caused by contaminated water. Diarrhea, mainly brought on by drinking infected water, is a second most important reason for the death of youngsters below age of five.
we possess a battalion of bedbugs in my house and we hae been searching for ways to eliminate them pls i need help
I have used paint thinner and it kills them instantly but it has a stong smell and I also used steam for the carpet and chairs and sofa
Hi, the best way is to find a professional exterminator, because they have the right tools and the experience to get rid of them for good. Ask them for what guarantees they provide as well.
If you don’t want to hire an expert, you should look at the different products listed on http://how-to-kill-bedbugs.com/bed-bug-products/. You can also try any of the tips mentioned on the home page http://how-to-kill-bedbugs.com/.
Let us know how you make out with this, and you are welcome to ask for more ideas any time! Best luck!
Someone I work with visits your site quite often and recommended it to me to read as well. The writing style is excellent and the content is relevant. Thanks for the insight you provide the readers!
Leave a comment